“BUILD YOUR LEGACY” SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
The Legacy Mutual Insurance “Build Your Legacy” Scholarship is available to dependent children (natural, adopted, or stepchild) of a current Legacy Mutual policyholder at the time of award. (Dependent persons of a Legacy Mutual employee, affiliated agent or board member are not eligible.) The applicant should be a high school senior who plans to attend an accredited trade school, or two-year or four-year college or university in the fall of 2022 as a full-time student.
The following guidelines will be used in making the scholarship selection:
- Four $1,000 scholarships will be available to graduating seniors from high schools in Iowa.
- The scholarship must be used to help pay the cost of attending any trade/vocational school, college or university.
- Legacy Mutual shall disburse the scholarship to the award recipient when the student has successfully completed their first semester and has enrolled in a second semester. The fall transcript and spring enrollment will be required prior to December 20 to complete the disbursement.
- The selection committee shall consist of four individuals from the Legacy Mutual Board of Directors. No member of the selection committee shall vote on an applicant who is a relative within the third degree of consanguinity.
- The selection committee reserves the right to not award the scholarship should they determine that no applicant is worthy.
- The application must be typed or computer generated and submitted by March 1, 2022. Eligible seniors should apply here. Recipients will be announced on the Legacy Mutual website on or around May 15, 2022.
- The scholarship shall be awarded without regard to race, color, creed, gender, nationality, origin or physical handicap.
Applications will be accepted beginning December 1, 2021 and can be found here.
Emailed applications must be submitted to email@example.com on or before March 1, 2022.
Applications may be mailed to Legacy Mutual Insurance Association, PO Box 277, Clarinda IA 51632 and must be postmarked by March 1, 2022.
The student’s parent/conservator/guardian must be a Legacy Mutual policyholder when the scholarship is awarded and disbursed. If the property policy is canceled prior to this time for any reason, the scholarship is void and another recipient may be chosen.
The fall transcript and spring semester enrollment must be emailed or mailed by December 20, 2022 to complete the scholarship disbursement.