The Home-Guard® Policy offers protection for your dwelling and personal property with a variety of optional coverages available to fit your needs.  It also offers personal liability protection when accidents or injuries occur on your property or from your personal acts.

Property Coverages:


  • The dwelling located on the described premises
  • Materials and supplies located on or next to the described premises used with the dwelling or other structures.

Other Structures

  • Other Structures located on the described premises
  • Private or decorative fences – within 100 feet of the dwelling

Personal Property

  • Personal property owned or used by an insured while it is anywhere in the world
  • Limited coverage for personal property that is temporarily located at an insured’s residence, other than the residence premises.

Additional Living Expense and Loss of Rents

  • Covers the necessary increase in living expenses while your property is being repaired or replaced.
  • Covers the loss of rents you might incur while the rented portion of the premises is unfit to occupy.

Additional Coverages:

  • Debris Removal
  • Reasonable Repairs
  • Trees, Shrubs, and Other Plants – Specified Perils
  • Property Removed
  • Credit Card
  • Loss Assessment
  • Collapse
  • Glass or Safety Glazing Material
  • Grave Markers
  • Refrigerated Products – Up to $1,000

Personal Liability Coverage:

Liability to Public

  • Coverage for claims against an insured person for bodily injury or property damage arising from accidents or injuries for which the insured becomes legally obligated to pay due to personal acts.

Damage to Property of Others

  • Covers property damage to property of others which you borrow or use

Medical Payments to Public

  • Provides coverage for medical expenses that arise from accidents or injuries.

Optional Coverages:


  • Dwelling Replacement Cost
  • Replacement Cost for Household Personal Property
  • Open Peril Coverage for Dwellings
  • Earthquake Coverage
  • Water Backup of Sewer or Drain Coverage
  • Telecommuter Coverage
  • Scheduled Personal Property
  • Equipment Breakdown Coverage
  • Theft of Construction Material


  • Additional Insured
  • Additional Premises
  • Business Pursuits
  • Contractual Liability
  • Home Day Care Provider
  • Incidental Agricultural Activities
  • Incidental Business Activities
  • Personal Injury
  • Residential Rental Property

Home-Guard Special

If your home qualifies, you may be eligible for the expanded coverages of the Home-Guard Special Form.

The additional coverages include:

  • Open perils coverage for the dwelling
  • Replacement cost for the dwelling and household personal property